Monday, October 09, 2006

About blogging

When I started blogging maybe a couple of people I know would read my blog along with a long term blogger who gave me some assistance from his very busy life.

While I don't look at the details nor the ip addresses, I have a thing called stats counter and I can easily see how many people have looked at my blog.

It surprises me and gives me heart to continue blogging.

More and more people comment on my blog.

I assisted the computer illiterate brothers a couple of weekends ago with a problem with their pc and noticed my blog is bookmarked. Not sure if they actually read it though. Hope they haven't recently.

But as time goes on and more and more people read my blog, and friends and new blogging mates read my blog, I feel somewhat constrained in my freedom to blog how I want to, lest I offend other bloggers who are kind enough to put a link to my blog on theirs and the afore mentioned.

Freedom when blogging becomes more constrained the longer you blog.

3 comments:

  1. It's your blog and you can say what you like, except about me because I'll hit you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely, 100% hear you about the freedom - part of the reason I passworded my blog. Plus I made the not so smart decision of not having an anon blog. But I know what you mean. It is a hard issue to reconcile, unfortunately.

    PS. I am not easily offended, just FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Andrew - a very wise and true post. I don't worry so much about offending, but perhaps more about what I say incase anyone whom I write about reads is.

    And that is completely worrying about offending so ignore everything I just wrote. I'm jetlagged.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.