Friday, September 08, 2006

Unwelcome critter


I suppose it is my fault as I sometime sleep with my window open.

Although I am a Budhist sympathizer, my kindness to animals does not run to having black spiders as guests in my home. I don't believe in killing animals for sport or taunting them (is it fun?).

But when this critter ran up the arm of the couch from under the cushions as I was straightening them, he was quickly dispatched with a large dose of Mortein.

Go on, click the pic. I just know you want to see it larger.

9 comments:

  1. EWWWWWWWW!! ew ew ew. Is that a huntsman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just wanted to take revenge on for what another creature from the wild did to our iconic Steve.

    Spiders are people too, Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Andy, I meant Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, much smaller Jess, I don't mind huntsmen.

    Milord, not heard of any Steve dying lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that spider of the biting variety? I am super paranoid to run into one of those someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a whitetail, the one that bites and turns the flesh necrotic until they have to cut half the limb off.
    You are such a gay, you sprayed it instead of flattening it with the can and then the coup de grace, a stamping by foot from a great height.

    These things hold their breath, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, it may crawl out of the vacuum cleaner then?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take no notice Jess. It was not a white tail. I am unsure if it bites or not, but I think all black and RED spiders bite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, listen to Andrew, if anyone knows about tails, he does.

    ReplyDelete

Democracy is all very well, but why give it to the people - Audrey Forbes-Hamilton.