Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sing a long

Forty years ago in the rec room of a nursing home, they could well have been sitting around while one person bashed out some tunes on a piano and they sang along to White Cliffs of Dover, It's a Long Long Way to Tipperary, It's a Sin to Tell a Lie etc etc.

Thirty years ago in the rec room of a nursing home..................'as above'.

Twenty years ago in the rec rooom of a nursing home..............'as above'.

Ten years ago.........same.

I have it on a good authority that these tunes are still sung in nursing homes.

What is going on here?

How long will I have to wait until they play my music. Best I stay healthy, I think.

5 comments:

  1. So what song would sing were you in a nursing home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twelve Pound Toothbrush. In my demented state I will still be able to go nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the Judy Garland version like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trivial moment extraordinaire (more ordinaire than extra) we was at Kooyong when them heavy duty toothbrushers were the support band for the Stones. And as I recollect it was up there in the seriously high 30s temperature wise.

    (Just thought you - or anyone - didn't need to know that.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy's would go more, more, more, more, more.

    Maddison Lake was it?

    ReplyDelete