Thursday, September 14, 2006

A little glee



There are few pleasures for an ageing gay person and sometimes they arrive from the strangest quarters. I really do get pleasure from seeing people who were drop dead gorgeous when they were young, grow older. Especially so if they age very badly. I am not so keen on ageing myself, but I don't care too much. Since I was not too fab to start with, I did not have too far to fall.

So with a little pleasure and some sadness, I give you Wheel of Fortune's Adriana Xenides. Does she look a little like the wife of an American born again preacher, sans jewellery?

8 comments:

  1. No-one could ever look as bad as Tammy-Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww ahhh, Coppertop, that's a 'k'n'big statement!

    You aint seen me in fully Helena (no relation) Rubenstein kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say that's the price of fame but then again what fame?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh. I saw this photo in the paper.

    She looks so... washed up. And she has no money now.

    What do the rich and famous do when they're, well - not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosanna, they should avoid getting into trouble so people like me don't write posts about them and they remembered like they were.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helena Rubenstein was an ugly old tart with good skin. You, Milord, on the other hand are a good old tart with ugly skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:14 pm

    Excuse me,but do you know what she has been through?She is on medication and most of her money has gone to doctors,psychiatrists etc.She's not old she's only in her early 50's and believe it or not PEOPLE GET OLD.I don't think anyone should pass judgement unless you get the full details,a pitures don't always show the full story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did say with some sadness. But I am gay. I am supposed to be a bitch and I am only a couple of years younger than her.

    ReplyDelete