Sunday, September 24, 2006

Deed is done

We are now the proud posessers of a 101cm LCD HD TV. We had to bash off to a social occasion last night, so we were not at home to watch it. The new tv is good, very good although I can't say the sound is any better than our four year old crt tv.

It is also a bit complicated to set up. It auto finds all the stations, but I don't want to have select channel 90 to watch chanel nine, or 99 to see nine's program guide or 30 to watch SBS. The user manual makes things as clear as mud. Don't worry, I'll get it right eventually.

For a time, I was less than impressed with the picutre quality, until I realised I had switched it to normal tv mode instead of digital.

What is really showing up, is how much make up people wear when they are on tv, especially Australian tv. It is almost like they are wearing a silicon mask.

So, the highrise will be going through an austere period for a while until Mr Master Card is cheered up a little.

I am not game to even check what our four year old tv is worth on ebay. Not much I reckon. I guess we will give it to my mother to replace her twenty year pre remote tv.

6 comments:

  1. "What is really showing up, is how much make up people wear when they are on tv, especially Australian tv. It is almost like they are wearing a silicon mask."

    And I here was I a'thinkin' we'd heard the last of Naomi for a bit. Damn you Shirley for picking over her bones again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the purchase.

    Head honcho at Casa Del Craphola was going to invest in a new television for El loungõ however head mistress opted for a energy effcient air conditioner instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made the right decision my friend. This sounds like a groovy little box.

    The kids I babysit for live in a house that I actually get lost in, and they have this HUGE TV that covers a whole wall - except that there's about eight different channels just for Network Seven.

    Sort of like yours - 70 for seven, 77 for HD Seven1, 1093858 for HD Seven2.

    Five billion years later and I still can't just watch normal TV.

    Liked the comment on the silicone masks, too. A chickie from Neighbours comes into the shop I work in. She wears make-up on her arms. Isn't it revolting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Naomi. I heard a nice story about her at the Price of Wales one night but.........better not.
    And don't call me Shirley.

    A wise and sensible decision Bobby. I wouldn't care how good the tv was if was too hot.

    Rosanna I have since discovered that there is an Australian standard as to how the channels are set. Shame it does not match my standards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were you social occasioning in the Dandenongs last night? I'd have hated to have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No Jah Teh, South Oakleigh.

    ReplyDelete