Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sunday

Tomorrow, Sunday, I should be going to a same sex protest rally at the steps of our state parliament house. But given one of my fave bloggers has called in sick and is not going, I am taking up the offer of a ticket to the footyball tomorrow. I know more about footyball than I ever imagined that I would know.

I think we are in a corporate box at the MCG, with a good view and we don't have to pay for the tickets. Carlton v Hawthorn. I sms my sister, as she is a Hawthorn supporter and I wanted to make her jealous, and she sms back, me too. No mention of catching up before, during or after the game. R railed against my uncaring sister again. Well, perhaps if I was a nice brother, I would have suggested that.

We are going with a dyke friend, her Langwarrin homophobic brother and her kewl eighteen year old nephew.

Anyway, I felt the need to bone up on the game a bit.

I went to Hawthorn's website............not many cute guys there, ok, maybe No. 35 Grant Burchill and 23, Lance Fanklin.

Carlton was better. Jake Edwards with 37, Anthony Raso with 35, Kouta with 43, Jordan Bannister, 31, Marc Murphy, 3.

I last went to the MCG shortly after I got my driving license. We were out with friends tonight and I mentioned this and one older person said that it might look a bit different, and another friend said, it will be totally different. Nothing that was there back then is there now.

So, I won't be too bored tomorrow at the footyball. I have numbers to look out for.

I am supporting the blues hawks tomorrow. Not sure what the other team is called.

2 comments:

  1. I like that your boning up on the game was decided which team had the better looking players.

    Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't encourage him Jessie, he was supposed to take my place at the rally and it was a beautiful day for it. I suppose I'll have to say it was a good day for football as well.

    ReplyDelete