Sunday, June 03, 2007

Draft post 24/08/06 Run and jog

We are meant to run, for short distances at high speed. I think back to caveman time and I doubt that there was much jogging. There was probably a lot of sprinting for short distances, from or in pursuit of critters, other caveman or cave missuses.

Perhaps we do have the natural trainability to become marathon runners, long distances at slow speeds, but jogging? Nah, can't be good for you. Just not natural. All these joggers in pain from their various injuries

It reminds be a bit of that demonstation chair in Ikea, the one behind perspex that gets a mechanincal pounding every few seconds. Eventually it must fail. Isn't that what jogging would do to your lower spine, knees, hips, ankles? Perhaps ven shaking your brain around like dice in a cup.

8 comments:

  1. Natural trainability to become marathon runners? Naah, not me. That will spell my death. Walking up the stairs is bad enough for me :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's not a single thing done at fast speed that's good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree Princess. We don't want to wear our bodies out.

    I can think of one thing Jahteh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd rather shag all night than jog...yep, that is more fun..gets the heart rate up, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. humans can heal though, so comparing animals to chairs is quite inadequate i think.

    i, whilst still playing football everyweek, try to live by what you have just said
    why jog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course, how stupid of me, spending money should be done at speed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll start jogging when I start seeing those doing it smile while they run.

    ReplyDelete