Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Spag bog

Last night R tried a new method for making spaghetti bolognese sauce. It contains no herbs but take around three hours to cook. While it tasted different to the usual, it was equally as good.

What else was different, is that he used fresh pasta. I don't think I have ever eaten fresh pasta and honestly, I think I prefer the dry variety. Cartainly not worth the extra expense. R's fettuccini with bolognese sauce is far superior to spaghetti and mince that my mother used to serve me and much better than the lunchtime spaghetti out of a can.

4 comments:

  1. After all you ate yesterday, you fronted up for spag bol today. Lord I hate skinny men. I have a fantastic recipe that was supposed to be Benito Mussolini's favourite and takes two days to cook to blend the flavours. I must send it to his excellency for the next vice-regal bash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skinny was what I was when I was young, like 6 feet and 58kg. Sadly getting close to 80kg now. But you know, I don't care. In gay world, you are already dismissed because of your age, so it does not matter what your body is like. Also, you may be able to stay slim when you are old, but the bits still sag, the tell tale signs are there. Like the older woman who becomes invisible on the street, so do older gay men, well mostly. Mussolini's sauce sounds like a project for me. Any cooking I do, is always a project, full of discussion, preparation and drama and an apology as I can get it a bit better next time, if there is a next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO.

    NICE BLOG.

    I LOVE SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE.

    HUMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hairy Bears

    ReplyDelete