Sunday, June 11, 2006

Filling in half an hour







If you are near Fitzroy Street, St Kilda, take half an hour to have a look at the corrobboree tree near St Kilda Junction and it's environs. This may well end up in an odd order but pics The leaning tower of Cadbury Schweppes, the old plaque a couple of metres from the corroboree tree, a newer plaque some distance away, the Blackie Ironmonger stand at the Junction Oval and looking up into the corroboree tree. The tree is only a metre or so from the slip road from St Kilda Road to Queens Road. Many cars pass by and most drivers would never notice the tree.

4 comments:

  1. oh I am homesick from your photos. Before i moved to Ballarat in 1996 I used to walk through that place every night between work in St.Kilda Rd and home just off Acland Street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even during the day there were a couple of unsavoury characters hanging around. Was it safe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been blogging a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, hopefully I do a little better than I did back then. I am surprised I am still finding things to write about some six years later.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.