Thursday, June 22, 2006

The doughnuts

I had never eaten one but I would like to try, if only to see if they are up to the hype. I like a very occasional high fat, high sugar treat. Mostly, I am indifferent to sweet stuff. But how successful as the hype been about Krispy Kream doughnuts? There have been long queues at the store's opening this morning, in real Kath and Kim territory, that is Fountain Gate, Narre Warren.

Note that their first store was not in Malvern, where even Hungry Jacks could not make a buck and had to close. A spokesperson said that their doughnuts were only ever meant as an occasional treat. Perhaps he should police this and he will soon realise, as the company goes broke, that this is incorrect.

The devil says, 'give me your aspirational, and I will feed them fat and sugar and they will love me for all of there shortened lives'.

Apologies to a particular doughnut loving workmate.

7 comments:

  1. As much as I love doughnuts and I droolingly do, I refuse to go to Fountain Gate ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Southland for you hey, where Kath and Kim was actually filmed. Don't worry, there are five more stores in the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll stick to the ones from the caravan @ Footscray stn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Peter, a hot doughnut from a caravan, filled with a jam like substance, coated in sugar....can't get better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was a joke there about doughnuts but I think I'll eave it untouched.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not like you skander

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh well, I'm busy man.

    ReplyDelete