Friday, May 26, 2006

East Timor

The cynical me: All those Portugese poking thier dickies into compliant local women did no favours for East Timor. It made their produce far too bolshie and non compliant. Don't put hot Latin blood into local populations.

The emotional me: I am devastated by how it has turned out. I had such hope and faith, in spite of so many warning signs along the way.

The hopeful me: We stay there and make it a wonderful country

The realistic me: We will pump millions into the country, to little avail

The polictical me: For once I agree with PM Howard. Leadership has being lacking. I still have some faith in Horta, but wrote Gusamao off a long time ago. Chatted to his Oz born wife once on the net when the Catholic church forced the goverment to drop recognition of gay East Timorese in the constitution. I did not like what I heard.

The real me: Death in the family, relationship problems, family problems, work problems, money problems. I don't have the wherewithal to care anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I watched various news items tonight and it seems that it's become payback time for old scores instead of an uprising.

    Sorry you're having a bad time, Love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complicated business with many angles. Ta for the good wishes. That's nice.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.