Friday, May 18, 2007

Draft - Self Worth

A more sensible one to conclude with.

Mine is a bit low at the moment. I published my blog address at another site and there was this huge numbers of hits, but all on one day. The next day it returned to absolute normal. I guess they did not like what they read and did not return. My probably boring life did not interest them at all. I did not think that I would have a permanent blog. I thought I would run out of stuff to say. But still I go on.

The ever wise R picked up on something recently. That is the way people in the lift in our building relate to us as two guys, as against to an obviously straight male/female couple. Bury the head in the sand Andrew never notices this. Well he does at times, but chooses to ignore it.

How much of this is our personalities and how much of it is becasue we are a gay couple, I am not sure. But I am sure that when people see that a blogger is gay, then they just automatically close. I could be a bit more discreet I suppose and let readers work it out over a period of time, but why? Getting older is not all bad. You care a lot less about what people think.

6 comments:

  1. It doesn't mean anything to me, gay, lesbian, straight as long as it's not spewing some vitriol over other people's lifestyle. Although I might draw the line if Chopper Read had a blog and a certain gay Catholic lad makes me want to hit the computer with a mallet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi HighRiser - I am sorry to hear you are feeling worthless. It's a mistake of course.
    There is always something interesting to read here.
    Sometimes I am speechless and cannot comment as a result.

    You might want to delete G.A.P from your links. It has been retired. Vicious daughter discovered it and didn't like it. sent me horrible emails, so I took all my blogs down. *sigh*
    am housesitting in reservoir, Kalorama next, then Colac till October. Like a lot of little 'holidays'. reservoir has been a culture shock and a surprise - lotsa art deco here and this house is a bewdy.
    much love, Brownie

    ReplyDelete
  3. HR, I enjoy your writing. You post frequently and thoughtfully. Even your whimsical posts are fine, and whimsy usually shits me. Always a good read. Getting a little older also means you tend to only hang around with the people you really want to, not those you feel you should. Family and relatives excepted, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was written quite some time ago Brownie. Don't worry about my melodrama. I checked your blog today and saw it had gone. I thought I will check again tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know. You deleted all your blogs? There was some nice history in them. Shame. When you start a new one, let me know. Winter in the hills and maybe snow. Hope the place has good heating.

    Thanks Lad Litter. I wanted to say to you to think about resigning for a day or so when you mentioned your intention. No matter, probably worked out for the best anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, all I can say is that they are the ones who are missing out on an interesting person and his spin on life, his thoughts on all sorts of topics, descriptions of places travelled, etc, etc. That is the blogger people.
    I guess it is like TV really, if people choose not to read a blog they can just switch to the next one.
    For the people in the lift, it never ceases to amaze me that people have reactions to others re their sexual preferences or even gender identity issues. People are people..perhaps these "lift travellers" are just insecure in their own bodies and aren't sure how to just say, "Hi". Sad.
    I have a quote on my Yahoo profile and it says...

    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice quote Cazzie.

    ReplyDelete