Friday, February 10, 2006

City of Port Phillip f** up

Divercity was received at ********** **** St Kilda Road, Melbourne.

I am very concerned about everyone's email addresses showing. It should
have been blind, not displayed. While I don't really care who knows my email
address, I expect many people would and it is a breach of our privacy. Sadly
it may make people reluctant to participate in the future in similarly
useful community feedback.

Yours faithfully,
Andrew *******
****
*****

Yep, my email address is there and I know quite a few people who's email addresses are there too. The reason they want feedback is that Australia Post was treating the City of Port Phillip magazine as junk mail and not delivering to many people, including us. Should I have republished their error here? Of course. Sue me. I hope she only gets severely chastised and not sacked.


----- Original Message -----
From: "Divercity"
ADDRESSES REMOVED. THERE IS NO REAL NEED FOR ANYONE TO SEE THEM.


Hi everyone

By now you should all have recieved the Februrary/March edition of
Divercity. Can you let me know if you did and any feedback is welcome.

thanks


Kelly Marshall
Divercity Editor
Marketing & Publications
P 9209 6525 F 9536 2746 M 0402 265 329
www.portphillip.vic.gov.au/divercity.html

3 comments:

  1. Clearly Kelly needs to be taught how to use the bcc: button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care about the publication of email addresses on your blog, but it is just opening up every single one of them to the possibility of being added to spam lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, that occured to me yesterday and then I thought well it would be unusual for spy bots or whatever to look at blogs for email addresses. However, I am about to remove them anyway, just in case.

    ReplyDelete