Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Holier than thou

So you think you have worked me out as a very strict law abiding person (apart from being gay when it was illegal)?

There are rules for society and society will fail if we don't follow the rules. The rules must be policed and enforced. You park in the wrong place, you drive too fast, you jaywalk, you don't buy a ticket on public transport, you deserve to get booked and those of you who breach these rules, I hope you get booked. If you are not prepared to give your real name and address to the authorities and try to escape, perhaps you will be held down until the constabulary arrives.

Having said that, you can break the rules. I do it all the time. But I don't do it in front of coppers. I don't make cars or trams make sudden stops. If I had to pay for a public transport fare, I would do it on a 'service provided' basis and when I knew I could get away with it.

If the red man is showing, then I won't walk if I may interupt a car's progress. But I will thump on the side of a car when they don't give way to me when they are turning into a street I am crossing.

I don't have much education and perhaps I am not very bright but there seems to be many people out there who are more stupid than I am.

2 comments:

  1. Is being gay illegal in Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was until late 1900s in most Australian states. It is not now. It was more fun when it was illegal.

    ReplyDelete