Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Good kids and people

I probably spent over one and half hours today on public transport. Seven different trams actually. School holidays are not a great time to be out and about. Trams were crowded no matter where I went.

I saw a grandmother pull her grand children off a seat and squeeze them onto her lap so that an elderly woman could sit. She apologized for bumping me a bit.

I saw three different teens offer their seats to older people, along with a couple of adults who did the same.

I saw other people helping strangers in various ways.

Perhaps the lovely warm day put folk in good moods or perhaps the human race is basically good.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is different - one can see several elderly people racing towards one free seat and then loudly arguing who should sit there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have seen that too. Very amusing to watch.

    ReplyDelete