Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Trams

I travelled on many trams yesterday. The system worked well, except for the farce at the Elizabeth Street Terminus. I do know a bit about trams, but I had no idea which tram to get on at the Elizabeth St Terminus to get to Latrobe Street, that is which tram goes first. There is no point bothering the driver with the question. They know what time their tram leaves, not what time the other tram leaves. Real time passenger information displays are sprouting like weeds around the city. Would it not be a good idea to make the Elizabeth Street terminus a priority for a display for intending passengers coming across from the railway station? Just a simple arrow pointing to which tram goes first is all I ask.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your comments here. I often use the terminus you mention, and it's frustrating not knowing which tram will go first. Obviously the ones at the TOP of the terminus will go first, but on which side?

    Often I'm not in a hurry, so I just pick one and stay. But sometimes I'm running late, and I would want to be on the one that does bugger off first.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.