Friday, August 05, 2005

Romance

All my fellow bloggers seem to gone all soppy and romantic. AFE, DS, Random.

Ok, I'll have a go.

C'mon Daniel and Andy. You have a go too.

I am much better at self control now. I would never get into this situation nowdays. Some cruel person may say, well it is unlikely you will have the opportunity. No matter. I don't look for it nowdays nor create the opportunities.

It was New Year's Eve. I knew him already, but not well. I was fascinated and intrigued by him. It was after midnight at the Peel. I had done the b/f kissing and the friends kissing. I had drifted away. I saw him, but did not look at him. I knew he saw me. He was in a suit and looked so handsome. His hair was just right, his clothes, he had presence. He looked masculine and assertive. So classy but there was also a don't mess with me look about him.

From the corners of my eyes I could see him coming over. I ignored him. I watched the guys dancing. Hello, he said. Hi, I said. He wasted no more time. He kissed me. All the cliches happened, the stars in the sky, the weak feeling, the melting feeling, the incredible desire for him.

I have never seen this happen anywhere, but the dancefloor stopped and watched, well half of it that could see us.

I had schemed and calculated and it paid off. It was a magical moment, but sorry, better get back to my friends and b/f. And I did as my b/f and friends are the most important things in my life, this was just a bit of fun. I am always susceptible to flattery and attention.

Note, this is pulic writing, not private.

7 comments:

  1. Wha? What am I supposed to be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something romantic Andy, or are you not a romantic type?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wish I had NYE's like that one Andrew! Except that she'd be gorgeous, yet adorably cute and quirky...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the kind of thing I simply can't write on demand. It has to be a moment of inspiration (and when I want to share it with the world). Here's a memorable one from a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It had slipped my mind Daniel, but I remember now. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Romance? WTF? My idea of romance is throwing her $20 to buy pizza so she doesn't have to cook that night. Bitch still has to bring me beers though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You protesteth too much Andy. A closet romantic, I am sure. Write about your first kiss then.

    ReplyDelete