Monday, May 09, 2005

Terrible skin disease

Ok, I am exaggerating. But I had developed an underarm rash. I mentioned it to my mother and she immediately asked what deodorant (I want to put a 'u' in there, but if I do, the word won't look right) I use. Rexona for MEN I replied. None of that girlie smelly stuff or atmosphere destroying sprays.

She suggested I try Mitchum. I went without using deodourant (see, it doesn't look right) for a few days but my neck started aching from bending to self conciously sniff my armpits. But yes, the rash disappeared.

Today I bought some Mitchum SPORT. I now smell like a cross between what I remember a pink musk stick smelt like and Johnstone's baby talc.

As an aside, I don't mind the smell of fresh sweat, but stale is horrible.

I wonder if a search engine will pick up the highlighted men and sport and get me lots of readers.

5 comments:

  1. Mum hypo-allegenic.

    I know that the container is pink, but then no-one has to see it, except you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:44 am

    You arn't alone. I developed a similar rash about a month ago, and I also use(d) Rexona for Men. I stopped using it and the rash went shortly after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like Rexona need to get some more rabbits for testing their deodorant. I will see how I go with the Mitchum. But will keep Mum in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just checked my can of Lynx, and it spells deodorant without the "u".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, common usage is definitely deodorant. And yet we use odour.

    ReplyDelete

Democracy is all very well, but why give it to the people - Audrey Forbes-Hamilton.