Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Plasma

I thought I was very clever when we at Williamstown and watching a huge container ship sail past on its way to the docks to unload. "Oh, look at all those plasma tvs arriving", said I.

It has turned around and bitten me on the bum and the wearing down process has started.

R says very casually last night that we should get a new big tv. He means plasma or LCD of course. I point out how financially irresponsible it would be. They only last five years. They use a lot of power. The technology will be quickly superseeded. Have you got cash set aside to pay for the Darwin holiday? I can think of lots of reasons why it would not be a good idea to buy one. But I would not mind having one either.

I would give it six months and I expect we will have one.

8 comments:

  1. Stop being such a woman and let him get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy need their toys to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resist the temptation to find another reason to blob on the couch! Be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. M!ikey wins. It goes like this. 'You know, we should get out and exercise more rather than buy a new tele. Although we already walk a lot, we should try walking in the dark. Who knows what you might see or come across.' That is the theory, but I like an amount of tv too, but I never blob in front of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do I get a mars bar?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe a bar M!key, not sure about the Mars bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've gotta work that off now.

    ReplyDelete