Tuesday, February 22, 2005

What I learned today

More than I need to know about Hunter S Thompson. (he is dead now).

Ponche Hawkes is a female. (Melbourne based photographer I think)

We have all heard the word said but am I the only one who did not connect it to the written word, victuals, pronounced vittals? Fortunately Australians don't eat 'victuals'. We just eat food.

You can travel in a high speed river boat in Laos and cover 190km in two and a half hours.

Hanoi is now full of motorbikes, unlike when we were there and it was full of bicyles.

A caveat on a property needs to be used with caution. It could backfire.

Some Sydney Rugby players got into a female dorm at a university. Who opened the door and paid off the guard? At least Melbourne football players get up to mishief at posh hotels.

Some VIP gay dude wrote an email critisising our Gay Pride March. Aspiring tory pollie I think.

I guess when you no longer learn stuff, you are dead.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:44 pm

    Actually, it's Ponch Hawkes (she's not an item of clothing) and she takes great pix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I knew it was wrong. Note today I changed it from Poncho to Ponche.......but still I was wrong. Lazy writing, I know. Will do better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy Andrew. Thanks again for posting to my blog. Can't never have enough fun in Sydney, NZ and Melbourne.
    About the ass hole who criticized the Gay Pride Parade march, we got those kind on the other side of the Pacific as well. They may be loud mouths, but they do like to squeal at the top of their lungs when they get fucked, though. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete