Friday, January 28, 2005

Whacking the balls

Hey folks. It is the Australian Open. The middle classes sporting event. It does seem to be a very fair and balanced competition and it is great for Melbourne. As I write, there is this woman making squealing noises ever time she hits the tennis ball. What is that about? I have heard something about grunts.

A building committe member is a volunteer driver at the tennis and she said what it is said in the car, stays in the car. And then she proceeded to tell us all the goss. As I am in a good mood, I will tell you that Lindsay Davenport is a very nice person.

But excepting us, the rest of the body corp committee are middle class wankers, so one of the first things they were conversing about was Leighton Hewitt. The did not like him at all. Well, I don't either. He is an ugly person I think. But I am not sure why the middle classes don't like him. Maybe it is the same reason I don't. Something about the fist punch to the air. Is that how our English heritage tennis is supposed to be played?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:53 pm

    From reading your blog for a while now you seem to be very middle class to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading. I am not sure if being seen as middle class is good or not. Actually, I was bit severe on the other body corp members. They are certainly very middle class, but if that is a negative, then I will add that they are all very nice and decent people. I am just jealous that they don't have to work and I do.

    And I am assuredly working class from a working class background doing a working class job in a heavily unionised workplace.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.