Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Squeeze, scrape, upend

Yep, I am one of those who scrape away at the margarine container until I get as much as practicable out.

I squeeze the toothpaste tube until it hurts my fingers.

I retrieve my partner's supposedly empty shampoo bottle from the recycling bin, add some water, shake and use it for a couple of weeks.

But I would never dream of adding water to the tomato sauce bottle.

I wonder if shampoo bottles should go in the recyling bin anyway?

I take papers down to the recyling room and come back with more than I take.

If it was entirely up to me, I wood probably print on both sides of paper and use the backs of envelopes for note paper.

Oh, and a storm damage report, St Kilda Rd looks like a battlefield, but no real damage except to Melbourne Grammar's picket fence where a branch fell on it.

Damage to personal property, zilch..........so different to living in a house where you apprehensively wait for the less than perfect tin roof fly away, or the chimney collapse (yep, that one did happen) or the garden much the worse for wear. Now just waiting for the promised hail this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Ha-hem. I use old envelopes for my shopping list. I know it may seem scungy, but I figure I'm recylcing in my own way.
    Our recycling bin is a wheelie bin, much like the regular garbage wheelie bins, but much larger. I reckon it would hold twice as much as a regular garbage bin. The rule for our area is everything recyclable goes in; papers, plastics, glass, all that. I often wonder if they separate them and recycle them properly, but continue to use it in hope they do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add water to the tomato sauce bottle, but not too much, then use it to flavour soup as you are heating it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll wear that River. I only care about my raw tomato sauce being pure and full of the chemicals I am used to.

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.