Thursday, October 14, 2004

Grumble grumble, bah, humbug

October 14th comes once a year and much I try and ignore it, no one allows me too. I sure they take delight in noticing me add another year. Mr R Symons on ABC Radio Melbourne informed me that I am in company with Cliff Richard. Well, I could look as young as him if I had as much plastic surgery.

Interesting pressie though. A book called Coronation Talkies by Susan Kurosawa. Set in India in the times of the raj, it looks to be about a hill station called Chalaili. I always enjoy a good raj story, right back from when Tales of the Raj was published.

And an amazing card from our friend in Japan. Sort of a parachute with a parent monkey hanging from it and hanging from parent is a baby monkey. Very cute and beautifully made as are many things like that in Japan.

Front page of The Age today has a story of a feasibility study to run a tram from St Kilda to Port Melbourne along the beach. What a great tourist trip that would make and quite useful for locals I think too.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Belated Birthday wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.